Sauvignon Blanc
Cabernet Sauvignon
Chardonnay
Pinot Noir
View More Wines
 



The Vineyard
80% of this blend comes from our Slusser Road vineyard, and the remaining 20% is from our Home Ranch vineyard on Occidental Road. The Home Ranch is planted to a field selection of cuttings from the Torrez, Mondavi and Cambria Vineyards. The Slusser Road vineyard is planted to Dijon 115 and 667 clones. We pruned to set a very small crop in 2005 at the Home Ranch and a relatively large crop at Slussser Road. The more ‘crowded’ vines at Slusser Road required significant thinning. We picked 2.14 tons per acre at the Home Ranch and 3.59 tons per acre at Slusser Road. We picked the Home Ranch at 26.5 brix on September 23rd, and Slusser Road was picked at 27.5 brix,
on October 1st.

Vintage Notes
After night picking, we sorted the cold fruit, destemmed and pumped the must into tank for cold soaking. We fermented with indigenous yeast. I manually pressed the wine after 12 days in the fermentor. The wine was then racked with light lees to a selection of Burgundy barrels from Remond, Mercurey, Cadus and Seguin Moreau. We used 80% new oak barrels & 20% 1 year-old barrels for the vintage. The wine underwent a slow, indigenous Malolactic fermentation. We stirred the wine monthly, and we racked the wine in July to make the blend of the two vineyards. To “brighten” the wine we racked it again in August, just before bottling. The wine was bottled without filtration.

Tasting Notes
Forward & spicy, with aromas of black cherry, clove & river rock. With flavors of tea, spiced vanilla and black cherry, this medium-weight Pinot exemplifies the balance & intensity of Russian River Valley fruit.

Alcohol: 15.4% | Cases Produced: 699
Bottling Date: August 10, 2006
pH: 3.84 | Residual Sugar: 0.4%